THE CHURCH OF PANAGIA AHIROPIITOS
It was built in the middles of 6th century. 5th century's mosaics were saved in the insides of arches and wall-paintings of 13th century in the south aisle.
CHURCH OF AGIA SOFIA
It was built in the 7th century. In its today form the monument is saving a part of its painting decor, mosaics of 8th-12th century in the cupola and the Holy Alter, as well as wall-paintings of 11th century in the narthex.
CHURCH OF PANAGIA HALKEON
It was built in 1028 after the city's fall in 1430. The wall-paintings of the church date back to 11th and 14th century.
CHURCH OF AGIOS PANTELEIMON
Cathedral that was built around the end of 13th and the beginning of the 14th century, by the Metropolite Iakovos of Thessaloniki.
CHURCH OF AGII APOSTLES
It was built in 1310-1314. The painting decoration is a combination of mosaics and wall-paintings. The mosaics are connected to Constantinople's workmanship.
MONASTERY OF AGIOS NICHOLAOS THE ORPHAN
It is a Monastery Cathedral of early 14th century. The marble iconostasis and the wall-paintings referring to 1310-1320 decade are saved.
CHURCH OF AGIA CATHERINE
It is situated close to the north-western city walls. The wall-paintings date from 1310-1320 periods.
CHURCH OF THE TAXIARHON
The original church of 14th century is almost ruined today, after the repairing works and extensions that took place.
THE SAVIOR CHAPEL
It is dedicated today to Metamorphosis.
THE MONASTERY OF THE VLADATES (tel: 2310-2099130)
Only the cathedral of Monastery is saved. It was dedicated to Metamorphosis of the Savior.
THE PROPHET ELIAS
14th century Monastery Cathedral.
THE BYZANTINE BATH
It is one of the rarest examples of Byzantine Bathes; they comprised a manifestation of social life and source of pleasure.
THE HAMJA BAY MOSQUE
It was built in 1467-1468, was destroyed by an earthquake and was rebuilt in 1620.
THE ISAAC PASHA MOSQUE
It was built in 1484 and is an early ottoman mosque of the inverted T.
THE BAY HAMAM (1444)
on Egnatia Street, nearby the Ancient Market place.
THE PASHA HAMAM (1620)
close to Saint Apostle's church.
THE BAZAAR HAMAM (1498) and THE GENI HAMAM on Kassandrou Street.
THE BEZESTENI (textiles market)
It is in the center of market, where expensive textiles are sold. It was built in the end of 15th century. There were small shops inside.
THE NEW PANAGIA
In the end of 12th century here was a monastery dedicated to the Virgin Mary. There are 18th century wall-pictures in its interior.
CHURCH OF PANAGIA LAODIGITRIA
It was probably built in 14th century. The today church comes from the rebuilding of the 1802. Also, some icons of 18th and 19th century are kept there.
THE AGIOS GEORGE
It is in Apostle Paul Street. In 1738 it was the chapel of Thessaloniki Cathedral.
THE AGIOS ATHANASIOS
On the intersection of streets Egnatia and Sokratous it is known for its 14th century sources.
It is situated in the corner of streets Egnatia and Paleon Patron. The icon on its icon-stand is a 16th century work.
The church's history is known from 1531. Its today look is a result of a repairing in 1841. Many remarkable miniature works are kept there.
THE AGIOS HARALAMBOS
There are many remarkable icons of the 17th, the 18th and the 19th century, which represent the painting of Athos Mount.
THE MONUMENT OF HOLOCAUST VICTIMS
It is dedicated to the memory of thousands Greek Jews of Thessaloniki, that were killed by German conquerors during the Occupation.
THE OTE TOWER is situated within the territory of International Exhibition Center.
THE PALACE OF CHRISTIAN BROTHERHOOD OF THE YOUNG (HANTH), on a homonymous square.
THE COTTAGE "TOWERS"
It is on the King Olga's Street, there are representative samples of eclectic architecture of the end of 18th and the beginning of the 20th centuries.
THE ROYAL THEATER
It is on the White Tower Square. It was designed in1940 and is the seat of State Theater of Northern Greece.
THE THESSALONIKI MUSIC PALACE (25TH March and Paralia, tel: 2310 895800, 895938). It forms a modern and functional cultural hive, with an activity range all over the Northern Greece and the Balkan neighboring countries.
The historic district – the only one saved from the fire of 1917. It was changed to entertainment place with restaurants, taverns, bars and night clubs.
THE MYLOS (MILL)
The center of Culture and Entertainment, at the mill of Hatzigiannaki, it is situated at the western entrance of the city.
THE MONI LAZARISTON CULTURE COMPLEX, in Stavroupoli region. The Monastery was built in 1836. The complex consists of repaired original building and modern facilities.